November 12 2013

Dancing with Skipper

When I was in middle school,I had a dog named Skipper. Skipper was a springer spaniel. He was the cutest  and softest, black and white puppy there ever was. I LOVED Skipper. (I even got to name him…now looking back, I have no idea why I picked that name.) 

Skipper was a rambunctious puppy. He got into all sorts of trouble. At dinner time, he wasn’t supposed to get out of his bed. He didn’t. He’d crwal on his belly, until he reached our dinner table…that way he wan’t officially “out of bed”. That wasn’t the best thing he did. The BEST thing he did was dance. 

Skipper loved to dance. I always had music on in my room. Wham! was a popular group in the 1980s and the song, “Wake Me Up When I Go-Go” was one of their biggest hits. It’s one of those songs that compel your legs to get up and DANCE. I challenge anyone to sit still when that song is on. One sunny afternoon, the tunes were playing on my boombox and I grabbed Skipper’s front two paws. He and I started dancing around my room. His tail started wagging! I let go after a minute or two and he jumped up again. I called for my sister. She came in and he did it again…the funniest thing is he would only dance to that particular Wham! song. 

Thinking about that makes me laugh! Dancing is one of those things: like drawing and singing: I”m not very good at, but I LOVE to do. 

Copyright © 2017. All rights reserved.

Posted November 12, 2013 by Ms. Haseltine in category Haseltine 2

3 thoughts on “Dancing with Skipper

1. Zach

My dog is a springer spaniel too, shes super soft, super cute, shes black and white also, and i also got to name her, her names clara.

2. Zach

Clara would also does the tango with me so i can relate to the dancing part. And even though she barks at everything that moves she loves everyone.

3. Dani

That is really funny and cute at the same time! I wish I had a dog. Then I would name it Belle. If I had a dog that danced I would do nothing but that! I would even go to prom with him! (LOL….. Just kidding)