September 16 2013

WE are blogging, let’s talk about books!

I’m so excited. Today was a wonderful day filled with students commenting on blog posts. I love some of the creative pseudonyms. What’s the best part of blogging for you, so far? Let’s talk about what we’re reading…anyone reading a great book? Please share good books to read!

To any former students: are you out there? Please comment and leave some words of wisdom for my sixth graders this year!

Homework (due Wednesday):

Please remember to complete designing the cover and title page to your writing notebook. 

How many books did I read last year? sign needs to be completed.

Tags: , , ,
Copyright © 2017. All rights reserved.

Posted September 16, 2013 by Ms. Haseltine in category Uncategorized

15 thoughts on “WE are blogging, let’s talk about books!

1. Chelsea

I am reading a good book, no GREAT book that you lent me. Land of Stories The Enchantess Returns. Even though i’m on page 39, Its a really great book.

2. Rachael

The book I was reading was called Things Not Seen by Andrew Clements. It is a great story about a boy named Bobby that turns invisible. His dad is a science geek and is trying to help Bobby by trying to figure out what the problem is. Along the way he meets a few friends that help him all the way through.

3. Mrs. Robertson

I have a few choices for what to read next: Graceling, Thief Lord, The Hollow Kingdom, and Sabriel. Has anyone read them? Which one should I read first?

4. Husna

I have read a great book that Ms. Haseltine recommend to me at the library. The book is called “Alibi junior High.” So far the book is the best.

5. holden

i have just finished reading the series bone or at least what has been published of that series i recommend this book to anyone who loves action stories.

6. Jared

Oh, I just read the comment Rachel posted, and I’m reading Things Not Seen too!

I really like it, how ’bout you? 🙂

7. Soul

I’m reading a book called Maximum Ride. It’s a manga by David Patterson. It’s about 6 kids that had avian DNA injected in them when they were babies. They have wings like birds. It’s a super great book series, and is available in manga + regular novel 🙂

8. Caroline

I am reading a book called “Wonder”. This book amazing! I was reading it last night and I cried. I could relate to what was happening. R.J. Palacio did an amazing job writing this book. I have no idea what to read next. There are so many great books in our classroom library! Thanks Ms. Haseltine!!

9. Soul

Whoops! Made a mistake! I put David Patterson as the author, but his name is actually James Patterson! Sorry for the confusion.

10. Darth Paper

My favorite book series ever is the Last Dragon Chronicles! It it so cool. There is a ton of action with witches, dragons , and polar bear guardians. The first book is The Fire Within if this is the book for you. = )