March 3 2017

It’s the Small Things

It’s the small things that can make a big difference. Yesterday, a friend bought a snack in a vending machine. When two snacks appeared, her face lit up and she said, “This made my day!”

We have a wonderful custodian in our sixth-grade house and her name is Gloria. She always smiles. She works hard and she makes a big difference in my days here. As the classroom craziness and chaos ends, she quietly enters and says hello. Some days we chat, other days we don’t, but she’s always smiling.

When she cleans the bathrooms, she folds the toilet paper and paper towels into a triangular point. She does this every day. Every day that I see it, I smile. I feel special. It feels like I’m in a five-star hotel. She does this for the students too. Taking this extra moment to make us feel loved and special…it matters. She matters.

Pay attention to the small things. They matter.

Copyright © 2017. All rights reserved.

Posted March 3, 2017 by Ms. Haseltine in category #SOLC17

3 thoughts on “It’s the Small Things

1. erms3sissym16

Thank you Mrs. Gloria for your extra touches to make everyone here feel so special. You smile is like a ray of sunshine on a rainy day. Thank you for all of your hard work.

2. erms3sophie16

Thank you Mrs.Gloria! when I walk in and see that ,my heart warms up and I feel like a ray a sunshine hit me because it always makes me smile