March 4 2016

I Want to Write

Click on the FROG button at the bottom of the post to read the student slices. Add comments.
HAPPY SLICING!
Ms. Haseltine’s students:

Please post a link to your slice to this post!

slice-of-life_classroom-image-black-2hr4qxx-300x200

Friday. Only day four. How could I already need more ideas? I’m stumped. I guess, it isn’t that I don’t have ideas, but it’s more I don’t want to write about any of them. It reminds me of these words, “I hate writing, I love having written.” Dorothy Parker said that. Usually, I don’t agree…tonight I do.

I want to write about how tired I am. I want to write about the book I’m reading. (Honestly, I want to read the book I’m reading.) I want to write about going to the movies this weekend with my friends and watching American Idol on TV. I want to write about Bella and how she runs away whenever I start cooking. I want to write about how my niece wants to be a mermaid when she grows up. I want to write about how my nephew loves his tooth so much, he doesn’t want the tooth fairy to take it.

I want to write about how I love music and share all of my favorite songs. I want to write about struggling with elapsed time so much that it’s embarrassing. I want to write about Voxer and the great conversations going on over there. I want to write about my students and their successes. I want to write about my terribly boring lunches and how I can make them better. I want to write…

I want to write about all of these things and none of these things. I want to mention them and not explain. I want to calm the crazy in my brain. I want to find the quiet in my day. I want to finish this blog post. Hmmm, look! I just did!

Tags:
Copyright © 2017. All rights reserved.

Posted March 4, 2016 by Ms. Haseltine in category #SOLC16

1 thoughts on “I Want to Write