March 23 2015

Five Minute Friday: Talk #21

slice-of-life_classroom-image-black

Talk. Oh boy! I talk a lot! Hmmm, I wonder if that’s why I don’t hear things all the time? Could it be because I’m talking too much?!?! Someone once told me that I have two ears and one mouth for a reason…I didn’t like that, but I understand. Listening is important, but it’s hard when I have so much to say. There’s a lot to say. Maybe that’s why I like to write. IO can “talk” in my writing. I love to read writing that sounds like talking. 

Listening to others talk is a good way to get ideas as a writer. Now, I’m not saying listen in on private conversations! Have you ever overheard something that sounds really interesting and you wonder what the rest of the conversation was about?!?! Sometimes, I like to jot those in my notebook and use them ion my writing. The best thing about writing is that I can make the rest of the conversation say anything I want it to say. 

Uh-oh. Now I’m talking about writing…or writing about writing. I’m confused. I’ll sum up…talking is good. Writing is good. Listening is important too!

Tags:
Copyright © 2017. All rights reserved.

Posted March 23, 2015 by Ms. Haseltine in category #SOLC, 5 minute Friday

3 thoughts on “Five Minute Friday: Talk #21

1. Gia

My policy is there is only 12 hours in the day that we are awake and no time to say everything you want to say!

2. christian

I am the worst in bad mood I get so mad as an example If I go to bed at 10:00 and the next day someone strikes me and i get so mad I take it out on my brother or sister or friend I don’t like when this happens

3. isabel

I love this blog post. I really want my little sister to read it. She would totally take the advice. She needs it!!!!