March 6 2015

Uh-Oh!

Today is my 6th  slice for the March Slice of Life Challenge on Two Writing Teachers.

It’s too early for this. It’s only the SIXTH day of this challenge. It’s not writer’s block. It’s not that I don’t have anything to write about…it’s that I don’t like anything I’m writing. I’ve started and stopped three posts before this one. (Just so you know, I’m publishing this one…even if it STINKS!) 

Today, nothing sounds right. I’m not pleased with anything I have to say…but I’m showing up. I’m here. That’s something I need to do. Today is snow day number twelve. I’m hunkered down with my dog snuggled in blankets and shoveling out from all of the snow… dreaming of the beach. Yesterday when I was shoveling, I was blasting beach music…Jimmy Buffet.

I’ve discovered that a break in routine once in awhile is terrific! It’s new and fun and exciting! Too many breaks and I struggle with that. I stress and find it difficult to relax. So on snow day number twelve (and we don’t have to make these up, we have FIFTEEN built into our schedule) I will find ways to celebrate my un-routine today!

YAY! I wrote. It’s not pretty. It’s not earth shattering or brilliant. It’s here. I’m here. Show up…it’s worth it! 

Copyright © 2017. All rights reserved.

Posted March 6, 2015 by Ms. Haseltine in category #SOLC, writer's block

1 thoughts on “Uh-Oh!

1. Mr. Shamalamadingdong

No worries Ms.Hasletine today is the last day that it is gonna snow. No more snow. I promise!