February 13 2015

Five Minute Friday: LOVE

LOVE. The word LOVE makes me think about Valentine’s Day which happens to be tomorrow! When I was a little girl, my Dad always called me his Valentine. He would bring home a special box of chocolates for my mom. He would also bring a gift for me and for my sister. I remember on one Valentine’s Day, Kate and I got to leave school early and he took us to the movies. We went to see Lady & the Tramp. That was such a special treat because we never got to leave school. 

I love how my Dad always showed me and my sister how much he loved us. As we grew up, he coached our teams…soccer and basketball. He and Mom always attended our concerts or games too. Being there meant a lot and those memories are so special to me now. Dad used to smoke cigarettes when I was little and when he quite,. he would go on long walks to help him. I loved to go on those walks with my Dad! We’d talk about all sorts of things! He was a great person to talk to about problems. He was so smart! He would get so excited about my successes too! That’s what I miss most about him…our talks and the time we spent together. Dad’s favorite thing in the world was ice cream. I think I’ll have an ice cream tomorrow in honor of my Dad!!! 

Copyright © 2017. All rights reserved.

Posted February 13, 2015 by Ms. Haseltine in category 5 minute Friday