September 12 2014

Music

I love playing music in class. It changes the mood and makes us calmer or happy. I have so many songs to play, but some of my students have asked if they may request songs. Here’s your chance… What songs do you think I should play in class? Please include title and artist of the song. Remember that we are in school, so the songs must be school appropriate. I’d love it if you shared some songs that communicated the YOU MATTER theme we are focusing on this year. Can’t wait to hear about your suggestions in the comments!

Copyright © 2017. All rights reserved.

Posted September 12, 2014 by Ms. Haseltine in category Haseltine, music, You Matter!

39 thoughts on “Music

1. Skulduggery Pleasant

I love hearing when you play the song, “One Day”, it really makes me feel good about what the world could be…

2. shahnai

i would like to request shake it off my Taylor swift i think its a school appropriate song and it talks about .. that you shouldn’t care what people think and if they are mean or bullying you and she sing shake it off and be happy

3. BatMan =I

It is a great idea of asking students to choose songs. I would like you to make a song like YouMatter oh oh YouMatter oh oh. recored yourself on your Ipad or something it would be very funny =D

4. Forest

Maybe Brave by Sara Berelas ( I don’t think I spelled her last name right ) ; ) Or maybe something from lemonade mouth.

5. Darika

I think that playing music during class is a really good idea. It makes the class seem more friendly. I would like if you could play “Story of My Life”, “Boom Clap”, and “State of Grace”. Thanks for mentioning it.

6. Evil Queen

I also think listening to music is a good idea. Music is something that calms me down when i’m in a mood.

7. Megan

I love listening to music too It makes me feel good and relaxes me in class. I think you should get Boom Clap by Charlie XCX
    Royals by Lorde
    and Shake It Off by Taylor Swift

8. Isabella

I love the song One Day that you’ve played. i think you should play Shower by Becky G or Beautiful Day by Lucas Grabeel or stronger by Kelly Clarkson. I you should also play the song chandelier by Sia. its really good! I love listening to music when I do work!

9. mrsobrien17

Let Her Go by Passenger is a good one! I like that someone suggested that.
    Also, Jack Johnson songs really help me “chillax.” A good one for fall of the year is “We are Gonna be Friends.”

10. Minahil

Some really fun songs that the whole class likes. Maybe some songs that might inspire us when we’re writing.
    Some of my favorite songs are.
    Determinate: lemonade mouth
    Shake it off: Taylor Swift
    Who Says: Selena Gomez
    Made in the U.S.A: Demi Lovato
    Happy (DUH!); I dont know who wrote happy 🙁
    Hope you can play some of these songs in class!!!!