September 1 2014

First Day of School…You Matter!

The first day of school holds so much excitement. I was thinking back to my first day in sixth grade. My homeroom teacher was Sister Jean. I attended Holy Cross School, a K-8 Catholic school in Springfield, Massachusetts. Sixth grade meant that many classes were finally upstairs and I got to leave the school building and walk across the playground to another building to go to my math class. Sixth grade was also when students got the chance to serve on the safety patrol.

It was a time when we got more responsibility and more privileges. I wonder what your memories will be? Here’s a peek at me in the sixth grade…

Can you find me? This is my sixth grade class.

I am so excited for a wonderful year. I can’t wait to start 2014-2015. The classroom is ready. Desks are set up. Books are organized. The only thing left to make this year amazing is YOU!

I found these words written by Angela Maiers and they will guide me this year. Please read these words and know that…

YOU MATTER!

YOU are the reason I come to school every day. YOU will leave my classroom knowing how special you are and how much potential you have. 

You matter

Copyright © 2017. All rights reserved.

Posted September 1, 2014 by Ms. Haseltine in category beginning of the year, You Matter!

3 thoughts on “First Day of School…You Matter!

1. jocelynrsmith

Love your post! I like how you make your students feel so very welcome! I also love your new theme! What is it?

2. Leah

I love the quote and I also love all types of quotes,writing, and decorating all types of journals. Also can you bring in your first journal?