December 2 2013

Options and ideas

Today we begin thinking about our topics for a magazine article. We will be writing magazine articles. Your job today is to think about at least three different things you’d like to research. What interests you? Do you have strong opinions about anything? What do you know something about…but want to know more about?!? Here are mine…

I think having a positive attitude is vital to a happy life. I feel strongly about that as my Dad taught me all about being positive. 

Smiling helps a positive attitude

Smiling helps a positive attitude

Peppermint. I love peppermint. I love how it tastes and smells. Peppermint has lots of beneficial health benefits. I want to know more about this. 

Peppermint candy canes

Peppermint candy canes

Running is my third idea. I’ve run a couple of 5Ks. I love running. I haven’t been running for a long time and now I’m thinking I may begin again. I could write about how to begin running and keep running. 

Running my first 5K

Running my first 5K

What are your three topics? 

Copyright © 2017. All rights reserved.

Posted December 2, 2013 by Ms. Haseltine in category Haseltine 1, Haseltine 2, Haseltine 3, non-fiction, research

57 thoughts on “Options and ideas

1. erms3gg

I am going to write about equestrian jumping shows.I love horseback riding but I have never been in a jumping show or even a show for that matter.Anyways I would like to learn more about jumping shows.

2. Warriorkitty

Hi, Ms.Haseltine! It’s Hannah from third block. Sorry I wasn’t in class today. My mom overslept and I missed the bus, and all this other stuff, and she decided to just keep me home today. But don’t worry! I’ll be there tomorrow, for sure!

3. erms2tj

Hi Ms.Haseltine, it it Trevor from block 2. My topic is either going to be baseball, T.V, or Chocolate. Would these be okay?

4. loverbook

Mars!!
    Mars is the only planet I am really interested in. I wish they find life on mars. I just love the planet.
    Books
    if books didn’t exist then I’d be bored from life.

5. lily

Pokemon; I have been into Pokemon for longer than I can remember. I love the games, the show, my Pokemon figurines, my huge card collection, the Pokemon ds games I want for Christmas, the Pokemon Wii game I can connect to my Pokemon ds game,i could go on for HOURS!!

Pencil sketches They’re hard to talk about, but I’m really good at it.

Reading; extremely had to talk about