March 26 2013

Slice #26 Reading, writing, and relaxing

Ah, I love when disappointment turns out to be a good thing. The snow thwarted my scheduled trip to Massachusetts. I was disappointed…very disappointed. I thought, What will I do? My day began with books. I read whatever I wanted. I browsed through Amazon and picked out lots of new books…haven’t bought them yet. Then, I ate some leftover pizza for lunch. Mmmmm! Watching the beautiful snow fall outside the window inspired some writing in my new writer’s notebook. In between, I watched some television and played with Leo. My disappointment turned into joy! Joy because I’m able to spend my vacation days however I chose. Any suggestions?

Tags: ,
Copyright © 2017. All rights reserved.

Posted March 26, 2013 by Ms. Haseltine in category slice of life challenge, vacation

15 thoughts on “Slice #26 Reading, writing, and relaxing

1. Amy Rudd

Even though the weather caused a change in plans, it sounds like you still had a great day! Just doing much of nothing sounds great-curling up on the couch and reading a great book sounds good too! What ever you do, enjoy the time to recharge your inner self!

2. Margaret

You turned a disappointment into a joy. I like the idea of reading whatever you want. I plan to do some of that over the spring break.

3. Paravi

I am reading Viola in the Spotlight. Last night I was thinking about how many books I have read this month and have not been able to write down. I hate when that happens. Today my friend is leaving. I am really bored today. BORED! 😐😐😐😐😐

4. Lipika

My cousins are still here and they are leaving tomorrow. 🙁 🙁 But I won’t think of that until tomorrow but for know I am having an AMAZING time! Well I got to go! Bye!

5. Rachel L.

Uh it just totally slipped my mind I forgot to comment today, and I’m trying to do it all month!

6. Grace

Went to Hershey Chocolate World today!

There was so much delicious chocolate!!

Bought a bucket of Hershey Kisses!

7. Leah

I just remembered to comment for today. I’m excited to watch the show the voice tonight because there’s a guy on there from Briar Woods that is a really good singer so I really want to see him perform, hopefully he’s on tonight.

8. mshaseltine (Post author)

Leah, I love that show. I didn’t know there’s someone from Briar Woods. Do you know his name? I’ll look for him.

9. mrssurridge

Sometimes having all plans cancelled is a blessing in disguise. Enjoy all that reading!

10. Will R

I watched the Voice tonight. It is really getting intense. Shakira got this Spanish girl. He Briar Woods guy might be on next Monday. Adam got a very good singer and a weird duo of folk guys. I want team Adam to win the Voice. I love Maroon 5. They are my favorite band.