March 24 2013

Slice #24 79th post

Yesterday I found another edublog written by an eighth grade teacher named Mrs. McGriff. The post she was writing was the 1,000th post. Wow! Can you imagine? 1,000 posts?!?! I’m impressed. I checked and today’s post is the 79th. I only have 921 to go to get to 1,000. Now, I’m motivated to get to 1,000. The other thing she had on her blog was a beautiful word cloud using all of the words from the blog. I made one for our blog. Here it is…

Tags:
Copyright © 2017. All rights reserved.

Posted March 24, 2013 by Ms. Haseltine in category slice of life challenge

27 thoughts on “Slice #24 79th post

1. Grace

I am going to my grandma’s today!! I can’t wait!! Did anyone look at the weather forecast??? My mom just told me we’re supposed to get 6-10 inches of snow!!! Too bad it’s already spring break, we could’ve had an extra snow day!

2. Carmela

Today I have a lacrosse game against Western Loudoun. I’ve played them before, and they aren’t that good. So I’m hoping we will win today!

3. Natalie

I really hope we get snow tomorrow. Of course it’s not on a school day but I still hope we get snow. I love reading when it’s snowing it makes me feel cozy!

4. Kiara

I am on chapter 4 on Viola my goal is to finish it by tonight. The secret tree I thought it was cheesy at first, but it is actually good. WOW!!! I just found out that my cousin LUCIA is 1 month pregnant I am making a hat and sandals/shoes. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Paravi

Hi Ms. Haseltine, I am having a kind of bad day. First when I woke up I was really dizzy and when I came out of the bathroom, I couldn’t see anything even with my glasses on, I was super dizzy and was stumbling around screaming, I was really scared. Then me and my friend earned $22.73 from our store. That wasn’t really bad but when we had leftover stuff from it, I gave it to my friend but she did not look like she liked that stuff. She seems to be avoiding me and trying to “one up” me ever since she got here. Because of my dizziness I couldn’t go to the Kennedy Air and Space museum so that sucks. I am the only kid who cannot go. I am super sad. I am gonna be all alone. She did not even like the gifts I bought and gave her. She even tricked me into thinking she was really ad and I wasted my time at the temple trying to help her when I really wanted to see the stuff. I think she has changed since I have been gone. She keeps overreacting when I counted the money we made wrong…well, there is only one more day…might as well make the most of it. :(😔

6. mshaseltine (Post author)

Paravi, Bad days are hard! Feeling sad and sick and left out…that stinks. My dad always used to tell me that tomorrow will be better. So, that’s what I’m telling you! 😀

7. Leona

I am going to the mall with my mom today! I saved up my money and now my mom is going to let me buy a new swim suit! When ever I want something that my mom thinks is unreasonable and expensive, she makes me save up my own money to pay for it. It is kinda hard to save up cause I am young and don’t have a job, but I get money from chores once in a while and I sometimes get money as a gift. Yesterday I was at a family reunion, and we always get money at family reunions, and I got some money! So I asked my mom to go to the mall, and she said Yes!

8. MS

Again, I am SO sorry I didn’t blog yesterday! First, I had a dance rehearsal for an upcoming performance. The location of the rehearsal was about an hour away! Next, I went to the Library of Congress in Washington, D.C. It was really cool because we got a “backstage tour”–we went into some rooms where visitors are usually not allowed! Then, we observed Earth Hour (during Earth Hour you have to turn off all electronics including lights, TV, handheld devices, and computers so that you save energy and help the Earth). Obviously, I couldn’t comment during Earth Hour. After that was over, I went to sleep so I never got a chance to comment on the blog.

9. Will R

Today I am on my way to Massachusetts to see my family. My dad’s side of the family. It is eight hours away from Virginia. I can’t wait to see my cousins, grandparents, aunts, and uncles. I have already watched one movie. The Fellowship of the Ring. I am now watching the Dark Knight Rises.

10. Abigayle

I am on my way to Florida. We will only get to South Carolina tonight so we have 9 more hours to go until we get to Florida. 😴

11. Fern

Ok so today was really fun! I went to church, then went to lunch with one of my best friends, grace, then we went to her house and played minecraft and did each others hair and makeup, and ate a lot of food. It was the best day ever!!

12. Kiara

OH Paravi I feel so bad at least you had something to do all I am doing I laying on my bed on the computer and reading/knitting my cousin’s baby’s hat it is so cute so far.

13. Rachel L.

UH i”m so tired! I am going horse backriding tomorrow so exited need to get some rest.

14. Kaylin

I just got back from my grandparent’s house. It was really fun to see my little cousins. In a day I will be on my way to Busch Gardens. I can’t wait!!!

15. Amy Rudd

Wow! Nice wordle! Very colorful! The words that jumped out at me are:students, book, and read!

16. Lipika

Today my cousins came over and I came back from Maryland! Sorry it is late i got back at 10:00. I have to go to sleep!

17. Peter

I like your theme , where the worm is in the sea. My quiet place is in my bedroom. Because in my room is very quiet.