March 22 2013

Slice #22 Zone Day!

My favorite day of the school year is here…Zone Day! I can’t wait. It’s the final day of the quarter and we celebrate it with reading. How wonderful that we use reading as a celebration! Students may wear jammies and bring in anything they want to read. We spread out in the classroom and settle in and read. Such a contrast to the hectic end of quarter, scurrying around for grades. I’ve been saving books all week. Can’t wait to settle in and get into the zone.

What will you bring to the zone today?

Tags: ,
Copyright Β© 2017. All rights reserved.

Posted March 22, 2013 by Ms. Haseltine in category slice of life challenge

38 thoughts on “Slice #22 Zone Day!

1. Abigayle

I think I am going to have time to finish Inkdeath today!!!! They are really long books and i am so exicted to finally know how it ends.

2. Grace

I’m so excited for zone day!! I’m reading The Mysterious Benedict Society and The Perilous Journey. I think I am going to read to close to the very end!!

3. Rebekah

It’s zone day! I can’t wait because i am reading heartbeat. I love my book.
    But we have Spanish today and we have to draw a community in 2 days and TODAY IS THE LAST DAY!!!!!! No one is almost finished in my class! I am freaking out!!!!!!!!!!
    Hopefully she will let us have more time! HOPE! πŸ™ πŸ™

P.S. Leo soooooooooo cute!

4. Caitlin

I just finished reading Harry Potter book four so I get to add 7 hundred something pages and I am reading matched.

5. Carmela

During Zone Day I’ll be reading Page by Paige. It was recommended by Ms. Bryden-Miller. So far it’s pretty good, but I’m not too excited about it. I’m crossing my fingers that it will get better!

6. Matthew

I love those pictures they are so funny!
    I’m bringing my favorite book called Son of Neptune By: Rick Riodan to zone day. I also can’t wait to finish Skelton Creek today see you there Ms. Haseltine!

7. noelle :)

Freaking out with rebekah! I love zone day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we get to read!! Can’t wait for Spring break… tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! πŸ™‚ When I get home I have to start packing for OBX (like my clothes and stuff). See you in English, Ms. Haseltine.
    πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

8. Jasmine O.

I love the book Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot. It’s just so realistic because it follows a regular girl who experiences the occasional bully, friends, and suprises.

9. MS

Leo is so cute in the pictures!!! I wish I had a pet dog.

Today in zone day I finished reading Drama by Raina Telgemeier. I also read Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson. Both of the books are really good!!!

Yay! Spring break is finally here. πŸ™‚
    (six word memoir)

10. Natalie

I love zone day too! I got to read some more of inkheart. It’s sooooo good. It’s spring break, yippee!

11. Paravi

πŸ˜‹πŸŒΈYAY Spring Break here I come! I hope you liked my present Ms. Haseltine. Today I stacked up some books for Spring Break.
    So far I have Viola in The Spotlight, I finished The Secret Tree, and I got Smile during Zone day and finished it about 20 minutes later. I am super psyched about my friend from Cincinati who is coming today. She was supposed to get out of school early but it turns out her brother had a Spanish test and didn’t tell his mom to try and get out of it. He failed. Well, I hope every one has a great Spring Break! My brother is nagging me for the IPad. BYE!πŸŒΈπŸ˜‹

12. Paravi

🐢Oh yeah, Leo is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE…I wish I had a dog.🐢Bark πŸŒΊπŸŒΉπŸŒ»πŸŒΈπŸ’πŸŒ·

13. Alyssa

It is Spring Break! Yay! It came slow, but now I can’t believe it. I am finally going to Michigan. The only bad thing is that I have to be in the cold. That is not the purpose of spring break; the purpose is to be warm. Most of my family lives in Michigan and I get to see them every year. Them in the summer I go to Florida to see my other family.

14. Leah

I’m so happy it’a Friday, I think all I’m doing for spring break is going to the beach; but tomorrow I get to have a sleepover with my friend so I’m happy about that. Happy Friday and I hope everyone has a HAPPY SPRING BREAK!!!!!πŸ˜„

15. Fern

Yay! Zone day was fun. Tonight me and Haley are having a sleepover and I might hang out with my friend grace this weekend

16. Haley

Me and my friend Fern are sleeping over!! It is soo fun, we are watching Ramona and beezus!!

17. Riley.W

I was out sick. I feel pretty bad but I had a Zone day all day. Well I didn’t read all day but I read for a while. Well I hope i feel better tomorrow πŸ™ . Have A good spring break. πŸ™‚

18. Rachel L.

Cant wait for Monday! If there’s a winter storm on Monday like they said that will be fun to horse back ride in the snow! The only I have to worry about over spring break is braces!!!!!!! I’m going to the orthodontics this week or next week but either way depends i might be getting them, and will have them for a real long time!

19. Chris H.

Talk about joy. Our kids need this desperately after being tested, tested, tested, and… well, tested. We need a zone, too!!!!

20. Amanda

Spring break has finally arrived. <3 Tomorrow, I have a birthday party to go to. We are going to this indoor pool and I'm excited! The worst part is, she is sick and maybe has to cancel the party. I want to go, but I just wanna wish her a Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday Angela!πŸŽ‰
    HAVE A GREAT FRIDAY NIGHT EVERYONE! πŸ˜‰

21. mshaseltine (Post author)

Oh Riley, I hope you feel better too! So glad you got some reading time. Enjoy your break!

22. Lee Ann Spillane

What a delightful day! How did it get its name? It reminds me of Sarah Mulhern Gross’ blog, The Reading Zone.

23. mshaseltine (Post author)

We borrowed the name from Atwell’s book The Reading Zone. Delightful is the perfect way to describe it. This is how we end each quarter and the students love it (almost as much as I do)!

24. Lipika

Sorry Ms. Haseltine I am late I was really busy! I love Zone Day we get to read almost all block but we had many things happen during English as well. I LOVE ZONE DAY!

25. Will R.

It’s Friday! Last day of school before spring break!
    I get to see my cousins who I haven’t seen since the summer! I am leaving for Massachusetts on Sunday

26. erms01poe

Oh dear Miss Haseltine! Did leo Past away? He seemed to be a very bright dog! I hope Bella is a another joy that will fill your heart!