March 4 2013

Slice of Life #4: March 4th

Lunches. Packing my lunch is one of those chores I dread, like vacuuming, but something I must do. I am a creature of habit. In elementary school, my mom packed my lunch. Everyday (to the best of my memory) I ate a bologna and cheese sandwich. In high school, I ate salad with the most delicious homemade roll that was warm and gooey. Mmmmmm! In college, the Eagle’s Nest served my favorite roast beef sandwich. See, creature of habit. I’d eat the same lunch for years! Weird, huh? As a teacher, I’ve struggled to find just the right lunch for me. I prefer to pack my lunch instead of buying it. Lately, I was bringing this past dish. It tasted good and it only took one minute to microwave.  Convenience is more important than taste…the line for the microwave can get long! I was getting bored of that…so today I bought my favorite veggies and made delicious salads for the week. Sitting in my fridge are my lunches for the week. I feel prepared and that feels good. Juicy cucumbers, sweet peppers, lettuce, crunchy walnuts, a smidge of mozzarella cheese, and clementines for dessert. I’m looking forward to lunch this week.

This is like the lunch box I had as a little kid.

Copyright © 2017. All rights reserved.

Posted March 4, 2013 by Ms. Haseltine in category slice of life challenge

63 thoughts on “Slice of Life #4: March 4th

1. noelle:)

yesterday, my dad told me to go play horse with my brother( you know, the bball one). I went downstairs and told my brother that it would be funny if we went upstairs and I sat on his back, like a person on a horse. Eventually, he agreed and I grabbed a straw hat and we went upstairs. My dad laughed. It was hilarious!!!

2. mshaseltine (Post author)

Noelle, This made me laugh. This is something that would make my dad crack up too. Thanks for sharing such a happy moment!

3. Fern

Yay! The weather forecast for Wednesday is 6-15 inches of snow on Wednesday night!!!
    I hope we get a snow day!!!! 😜

4. Hermione

I don’t know why but this memory just popped into my head. I was sitting on my porch and my friend and I were getting ready to go to a haunted house thingy. I was tying my shoe when a cat jumped out of the bushed and nearly ran into me. I screamed so loud the kids playing basketball across the street (I don’t know why they were playing bball when it was dark outside) turned to see what was going on. By then the cat was looong gone so I just looked like a screaming idiot. I’ve seen that cat before, he always sits in the sewers and walks on the sidewalks so that people walking or on bikes had to swerve into the grass. When I first saw him I called him Larry. I hate Larry. (I’ve also seen a cat chasing the neighbors cat out of the woods… probobly Larry.)

5. TJ

When I was 2 or 3 years old, I used to love a cooking channel called Emeril. Emeril would cook all sorts of fancy stuff. He encouraged me to cook. Now I can make brownies, noodles, cupcakes, and so many more.

6. Brandon

Today i fell down the steps and cracked my knuckles, it hurt a lot. I had some fine looking pizza from Papa John’s. I played Call Of Duty for two minutes then my brother kicked me out.

7. Abigayle

I am jumping out of my seat right now!!!! My basketball team beat sterling 28-24 we gave them five baskets at the end because my team got confused but we still won! We have another game tonight at Farmwell Middle School at 5:30 or 6:30. We play Seneca Ridge they are in second place, so wish me luck.

8. Jasmine O.

What I don’t understand is how come Phineas and Ferb don’t go to school, but they are smarter than us. It’s not fair they even built a rollercoaster !!