March 1 2013

Slice of Life: March 1st

March first is an important day for me. It’s a day of remembrance. Six years ago on this day, my dad died. For the first few years, I was sad…so sad! I still miss him A LOT! I miss our long talks and his laugh. He gave the best hugs! Dad was someone that taught me so many lessons that I use today. He’s my hero. It’s important to me that I do something on this day to remember him. For a few years, I’d go to Dairy Queen and have some ice cream. That was his favorite! This year, I decided to do something different. Dad always taught me to be kind and share with others. His generosity was legendary! Today, I am going to perform acts of kindness in his honor…in his memory.

Dad, this is for you! I love you!

Copyright © 2017. All rights reserved.

Posted March 1, 2013 by Ms. Haseltine in category slice of life challenge

59 thoughts on “Slice of Life: March 1st

1. Alex

Cant wait to go to Florida for for spring break going to Universal Studios. I was going to go to Montreal, Canada but the flight was to expensive. I wish we could go to Canada because I’ve to to Florida to many times and lived there for eight years.

2. Paravi

Yesterday I went to my favorite store in the world, A.C Moore. I bought a bunch of wood projects that I can paint. I bought these cute monkey masks 🙉made of wood and flowerpots. I also got this tiny wooden bag that I’m going to give to my friend who’s coming over on Spring Break. I painted it rainbow stripes on the front and put a smiley face sticking out its tounge and wrote her name on the handle. On the side I painted it white and wrote “BFF” and put pink polka dots. I put a bunch of the stuff I’m going to give her in it. I gave her a sock coin purse, used perler beads to make a tiny “Phone” and the first letter of her name, D. I also got her a cute tank top with a half shirt on top and leggings and a cute skirt. I got her all this because last time she visited, she gave me an American Girl mini doll and those are expensive. I also got something from A.C Moore and painted it for Ms. Haseltine. I’ll give you your surprise on Monday!🎁🎉

3. Dianne Hall

My dad who passed away 6 years ago April 9 was a major influence in my life as well… you have done many things to remember him. I am sure that has made him very proud. Just remember… you are making an impact on lives every day! Pass it on!!

4. Dillon

Today, I had lunch after PE and at lunch I spilled apple juice on my pants. I was wet and I had to clean it up. I am very sorry about your Dad.

5. Jasmine O.

I need some marshmallows! Just think about it, fluffy, vanilla, puffy marshmallows .I need to go to Harris Teeter or Wegmans to get some, now!!!