October 9 2012

51 minutes

The day finally arrived…we get to Skype with Patti Digh today. We tested the computer. Everything was all set. We called. She answered. I heard the class gasp. Yes, we were really about to Skype! We talked about our own writing and answered some of Patti’s questions. She answered all of our questions. The opportunity to talk with a published writer made us all feel special. It was definitely a moment I’ll never forget as a teacher. I’ll let the pictures tell the story…

Waiting to call

We have rearranged the class and prepared the computer…now we are just waiting to call.

It's Patti!

It’s Patti!

Pick me! Pick me!

Pick me! Pick me! Everyone had questions for Patti!

Skyping

Skyping

Today we will spend some time talking about what we learned from our Skype chat. We will share how it touched each one of us.

Tags:
Copyright © 2017. All rights reserved.

Posted October 9, 2012 by Ms. Haseltine in category Skype

3 thoughts on “51 minutes

1. Rosemary

Wow what a great opportunity…Michelle you are exposing your kids to some wonderful experiences…definitely creating life long lovers of writing and reading…well done…loved the pictures and reflections…thanks for sharing:)

2. Abigayle

I have a soccer tournament today AGAIN!!! I have three this month and I am on my way to the second. I woke up at 5:42 so I could eat, get dressed, and get going. I am REALLY tired!!! 🙁